AMML is hiring!
38. R. Danaei, T. Varghese, M. Ahmadzadeh, J. McCloy, C. Hollar, M. Sadeq Saleh, J. Park, Y. Zhang, R. Panat, “Ultrafast Fabrication of Thermoelectric Films by Pulsed Light Sintering of Colloidal Nanoparticles on Flexible and Rigid Substrates”, Advanced Engineering Materials, 21, pp. 1800800 (2019).PDF
37. Y. Arafat, S. T. Sultana, I. Dutta, R. Panat, “Effect of Additives on the Microstructure of Electroplated Tin Films”, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 165 (16), D816-D824 (2018). PDF
Interesting Sn microstructures never obtained before were realized by changing additives to a methanesulfonic acid electroplating bath. See paper for complete characterization including cathodic polarization plots and mechanisms of film formation.
36. R. Panat, J.Park, M. S. Saleh, and J. Li, “3D-Printed Lattice Batteries”, Homeland Defense Information Analysis Center (HDIAC) Journal, 5 (4), pp. 11 (2018). PDF
35. J. Li, X. Liang, R. Panat, and J. Park, “Enhanced Battery Performance through Three-Dimensional Structured Electrodes: Experimental and Modeling Study” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 165 (14), A3566-A3573 (2018). PDF
34a. “3D printing of Li-ion Battery Electrodes”, article about our work in the Tribology and Lubrication Technology Magazine, Nov 2018. PDF
34. M. Sadeq Saleh, Jie Li, Jonghyun Park, and Rahul Panat, “3D Printed Hierarchically-Porous Microlattice Electrode Materials for Exceptionally High Specific Capacity and Areal Capacity Lithium Ion Batteries”, Additive Manufacturing, Vol.23, pp 70-78 (2018). PDF
The research appeared in several media outlets including Forbes Magazine….
1- Forbes Magazine: See How This New 3D Printing Method Could Make Your Smartphone Last Longer
2- Green Car Congress: CMU-led team develops 3D printing method for exceptionally high capacity batteries
4- Printed electronics: 3D printing the next generation of batteries
5- 3D Printing Industry: 3D Printing creates major advance for longer lasting batteries
6- CMU news: 3D Printing the next generation of batteries
7- German Media: New “Aerosol Jet” method relies on 3D printing for electrodes of lithium-ion batteries and promises longer battery life
8- Japanese media: 3D打印技术造出微观多孔锂电池，容量提升了4倍
32. M. Sadeq Saleh, Mehdi HamidVishkasougheh, H. Zbib, and R. Panat, “Polycrystalline Micropillars by a Novel 3-D Printing Method and Their Behavior under Compressive Loads”, Scripta Materialia, Volume 149, 144–149, 2018. PDF
31. M. T. Rahman, R. Moser, H. Zbib, C. V. Ramana, and R. Panat, “3D Printed High Performance High Temperature Sensors”, Journal of Applied Physics, 123, 024501, 2018. PDF