Why I think that teaching is important?
Teaching provides students with the ability to critically think about problems and come up with new and innovative ideas to solve them. Further, dissemination of knowledge in STEM areas is the only path to have a constant supply of technical knowhow required to sustain the nation’s leadership in the global economy.
Supercool projects done by students in my Advanced Mechanical Design class at CMU: (i) robotic S’mores maker, (ii) Alexa integrated spice rack, (iii) Origami night lamp, and (iv) automated gantry system!!!
Below video talks about the Design-I class I teach at CMU:
Courses taught at Universities
- ‘Design of Machine Elements’, Spring 2019, 2020 (CMU)
- ‘Advanced Mechanical Design’, Fall 2017, 2018, 2019 (CMU)
- This course builds on expert foundational knowledge in mechanical design and prepare students to take on the challenges of creating successful designs when they go to industry.
- ‘Advanced Fracture Mechanics’ in Spring 2017 (WSU)
- ‘Design for Machine Components’ in Fall 2016 (WSU)
- ‘Materials Laboratory’ in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 (WSU)
- ‘Design for Manufacturing’ in Spring 2016 (WSU)
- ‘Machine Design’ in Fall 2015 (WSU)
- ‘Manufacturing Processes’ in Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 (WSU)
Courses on microprocessors were also taught in corporate environment at Intel through Intel University